MENTAL SKILLS MASTERY FOR TRAINERS
Help Your Students Go from Fear to Fabulous! A Sports Psychology Course for All Disciplines.ENROLL NOW FOR $279
This is not just another online course you’ll sign up for and not use!
Training is delivered in a simple, easy to devour format with structure and support if you want it.
There are no deadlines or assignments.
Go at your own pace and start applying your learning immediately.
This is a six module, online training course consisting of audios, a condensed training PDF for easy reference, resources AND access to a professional performance coach
In just six short weeks, you can…
- Learn to help your students past mental and emotional blocks without getting a degree or hiring a sports psychologist!
- Begin to integrate practical, science-based sports psychology into your teaching program.
- Differentiate yourself from other trainers with your ability to identify common mental challenges, help riders solve them and thrive in your program.
- Develop an understanding of the psychology of riding that allows you to support your adult amateurs, juniors and high performance riders achieve their goals and progress past their own perceived limitations.
- Come to view the nerves, anxiety, self-doubt, emotionality, fear, stress, and self-imposed limitations of your students as opportunities rather than barriers. (For real!)
- Up-level your own mental game.
The course includes:
Access to an online portal for six months from the time you sign up. Revisit the content to deepen your learning as you put the tools into practice.
Listen while you drive, muck or work out! (This amounts to almost 6 hours of condensed training delivered in short, easy to digest lessons.)
Scripts to go along with each audio lesson and downloadable PDFs to help you implement what you learn throughout the course
Go at Your Own Pace: There are no deadlines or assignments. Materials are delivered in a simple, easy to devour format with structure and support if you want it.ENROLL NOW FOR $279
Thanks, Jen, for spending this time training me to help my students in ways I never was able to before.
"Jen Verharen has worked with me intensely - teaching me about the physiology of fear and giving me tools to help my riders. I knew very little about this topic prior to working with Jen.
I’ve been able to implement these tools in lessons over last few months. It’s been so fulfilling to watch the riders I teach face their fears, address their fears, and deactivate their fears! It’s been beyond inspirational to watch these riders evolve."
- Kristi Wysocki - FEI 4* Dressage Judge, FEI 5* Para Dressage Judge, Dressage Sport Horse Judge, Dressage Instructor and Clinician
The purposes of the course are:
- To give you a deeper, more thorough understanding of the mental and emotional challenges of your students.
- To provide you with tools and strategies to help them transcend these challenges, increase resilience and progress in their riding.
- To support you in the practical application of the tools so that you can maximize your students’ skill acquisition, confidence and ability to get joy from their riding!
- To equip you with high performance skills you can apply to your own competitive and training aspirations.
- To help you be the best instructor and coach you can be.
Laying the Foundation
- Turning Fear to Power
- Goal Setting 2.0,
- Uncovering Your Big Why
- Modeling Growth Mindset
- Coaching Concepts for Instructors
- Growth vs. Survival in Riders
- The Inner Coach and The Inner Critic
- Leveraging Neuroplasticity
- Mastering the Fear Cycle
- Teaching Your Students to Use Their Nerves to Fuel Performance
Mindset Tools Series
- Mantra Magic
- Mental Rehearsal
- Power Personas
- Belief Conversions
- What Not To Do
- How Emotions Work
- Using the Fear Scale
- When to Refer to a Mental Health Pro
- Accessing Courage and Building Confidence
The Physiology of Fear
- Nervous System Nuts and Bolts
- Tools for Tackling Fear
- Breathing Techniques for Riders
- How to Help Your Students Increase Their Capacity for Handling Stress and Their Comfort Zones
- Rituals for Riding
- Working with Teens: Core Values and Becoming Internally Directed
- Working with Adult Amateurs: The Four Agreements
- Working with High Performance Riders: The Upper Limiting Problem and Breaking Your Own Glass Ceiling
Jen’s coaching has also given me the ability to set more purposeful goals in my own riding that are clear and ambitious.
"Through working with Jen, I have become better equipped to handle my student’s fears and worries. Jen has given me the verbiage and framework to help them compete with increased confidence and tackle new situations that would otherwise intimidate them. I’ve even been able to help students remotely in a way I would not have been able to before. I had a student who left me a few years ago and moved to New Zealand. Recently, she called me struggling with her fears and worried that she was not getting supportive coaching from her new instructors. I was able to help her over the phone in a way that hugely impacted her in a positive way. She felt supported and had a plan, despite being half a world away.
Jen’s coaching has also given me the ability to set more purposeful goals in my own riding that are clear and ambitious. This has made me a competitor on a mission and inspired more confidence in what I am asking myself and my horse to do. I feel emboldened through my work with Jen!"
- Meika Decher - FEI Level Event Rider, Trainer and Owner of Polestar Farm
The course is for you if:
- You’re a trainer or instructor in any discipline who wants to feel more confident helping your students overcome fear, self-doubt or anxiety.
- You’re interested in utilizing sports psychology principals more in your teaching and training.
- You’re a performance or life coach who works with equestrians and you’d like to expand your knowledge base and your tool kit.
- You want to support your students in getting past self-limiting beliefs, destructive habits and unhealthy patterns that you can see get in their way.
- You sometimes feel stuck when your students are dealing with chronic fear or anxiety - nothing seems to help and they’re not progressing like you’d like them to.
- You teach high performance riders and want to feel more confident as you guide them in achieving their competitive and training goals.
- You want to be able to help your students regain their confidence more quickly after a fall or bad experience.
- You’re ready to take your teaching to the next level and expand your client base.
- As a trainer, you’d like strategies for moving past your own fear, self-doubt or anxiety.
- You desire more joy from your riding and are ready to achieve your own competitive and training goals.
- You’ve read the books, studied some sports psychology and tried “pushing through” but haven’t yet found the key to confidence for yourself or your students. Here’s your chance!
Sign up now and get started right away!
The ROI on this program is hard to put into words. Not only will you maximize the ability of your students to progress with your teaching, but you’ll feel empowered to help them get more joy and fulfilment from their riding. You’ll also be able to apply the learning from this course to your own life and riding in order to accelerate your success and self-mastery. Priceless, really.ENROLL NOW FOR $279
ABOUT YOUR COACH
Jen Verharen is a professional performance, business and life coach and the founder and creator of Cadence Coaching. She specializes in helping equestrian athletes and entrepreneurs turn their dreams into goals and their goals into reality.
Jen has 30 years of experience as a coach and trainer and has been a life-long student of the human psyche and spirit as well a rider and horse lover. She’s an experienced facilitator and leads popular coaching programs for riders and business owners as well as health and leadership training programs. Jen coaches youth riders, adult amateurs and internationally competitive riders in mental fitness, emotional suppleness and resilience. Whether a rider’s goal is to complete a trail ride, go to their first show, return to riding after time off or compete in the Olympics, she is equally passionate about facilitating success for them on their terms.
Jen is a USDF Certified Instructor/Trainer, USDF “L” judge’s program graduate with distinction, USDF silver medalist, and USPC graduate A. She has competed and trained at the upper levels in both dressage and eventing and dabbled in most other disciplines. She has a BA in Organizational Psychology and Mental Health, has done graduate work in clinical psychology, is a certified Health and Wellness Coach, certified Transformational Life Coach and a trained mediator.
THERE IS NO OTHER PROGRAM LIKE THIS
I’ve created this program in response to many, many requests from trainers. As an equestrian performance coach, one of my favorite things to do is collaborate with trainers to help their students. As a coach, it is always my goal to make your job, as the instructor, easier.
For years, your insights, passion and desire to support your students have been a driving force behind my work. My ability to empower riders to overcome fear, decrease anxiety, win battles with self-doubt, and up-level their performance has relied, in part, on your willingness to refer your clients to me, trust me and work with me.
This course reflects my desire to create a ripple effect in our equestrian sports community - one that, through a deeper understanding of our shared human experience - makes joy, passion, partnership, and peace of mind as well as high performance, more accessible to all riders. These should continue to be more a part of our equestrian sports culture. In my view, this starts with you - the trainer.
We can all feel inspired and able to express our own values, creativity, love for the horses, and individuality through riding and teaching - whether training for fun or competing at the highest levels. Many times, it’s mental and emotional habits and old, unhealthy thought patterns that prevent riders from reaching their potential and fully embodying these things. Let’s change that!
My hope is that this course will help elevate, not only your personal riding and teaching, but will help us, as a community, transcend misconceptions and superficial treatment of mental and emotional health. Let’s do it!ENROLL NOW FOR $279
After working with Jen, I recommended her to a few of my clients who were having some troubles managing their fear.
"I was lucky to be introduced to Jen a few years ago. I had some things I needed to work thru and Jen was invaluable in helping overcome some of my own mental hurdles! After working with Jen, I recommended her to a few of my clients who were having some troubles managing their fear. Working together with Jen and knowing her approach, I found it very useful to support my clients in their quest to improving their riding and conquering their demons!"
- Alison Martin - FEI Rider and Coach, Canadian High Performance Chef D'equipe, Silver Medal Dressage Team Pan Am Games 2015